Buying your new home can be so exciting. It is probably the biggest financial decision you will ever make. You assess your budget and how much you can afford to pay each month. You will probably be checking all these new mortgage costs against your current income. What happens if things change?

Protection insurance is arranged to provide you and your family with either a lump sum or a regular income should you become seriously ill, lose your job, or in the event of your death.

We offer protection products from a selected panel of leading insurers covering life cover, critical illness, income protection and redundancy cover.

Call us to book your review on 01543 629088


Critical illness cover will provide a lump sum that you could use to pay off your mortgage if you were to suffer from one of the illnesses covered by the policy (For example some forms of cancer, heart attack or stroke). This lump sum would also help you and your family if you found yourselves short of money during your illness and give you some time to recover. Different insurance companies have different definitions of what illnesses they will cover. Some policies have cheaper premiums but cover fewer illnesses. Other policies cover a wider range of illnesses and have a slightly higher premium. It is very important that you seek guidance from us to make sure you have the correct critical illness cover.


This kind of insurance will provide a monthly amount if you were not able to work. This monthly amount could cover your mortgage payment and/or other bills after a deferred period. They tend to pay out for up to 12 or 24 month periods after which time most clients will have returned to work.

Income protection policies also pay out a monthly payment when off work after a set deferred period. But these policies can payout until the end of the mortgage or retirement age. The deferred period is usually the length of time your employer pays you sick pay or the amount of time you could cope without financial assistance which is typically from one week up to 12 months; the longer the deferred period then the cheaper your policy will be.

We will advise you of the best policy for your circumstance.


It is compulsory with all lenders that you have a building insurance policy in place. This protects you against fire, flooding etc. Contents cover protects your belongings for example furniture, clothes, TV’s etc. against damage or theft. It is wise to have these both covered on the same policy so in the event of a claim, it is all handled at the same time.